Friday, February 3, 2012

Today's topic: butts

Yes, that's right - butts.  From two different perspectives. 
First off is the obvious one - cigarette butts.  I remember, back in the day, when we littered.  That's right.  If you're old enough you'll remember when we threw stuff on the ground and out the car window doing 70 mph.  But that was then and THIS IS NOW!
I realize there's a bit of a logistics problem in that if you're walking and smoking, when you finish that "cancer stick", what do you do with the butt?  That's not my problem, it's yours.  Figure something out.  If you're driving, however, why are you throwing that stinky, still-on-fire, thing out the window?  Aren't they still putting ashtrays in cars?  Oh, you don't want your car to smell badly?  Your window's already open a crack (when it's 17 degrees out, that must suck, eh?) because you don't want your clothes to stink so why not?
The whole smoking thing is beyond me.  I get that it's an addiction (I smoked as a risk-taking teen) but it's a habit that's worth breaking.  For you and the ones that love you.
Secondly and lastly is my gripe about your dog.  Well, actually it's about you, not your dog because many people are NOT PICKING UP THEIR DOG'S POOP that's coming out of their BUTTS.  Get the connection?
Since we rescued Augie almost three years ago and walk him daily, usually twice a day, and we live in town, we've noticed dog poop from dog BUTTS everywhere!
I wonder what people are thinking when they stand there watching their dogs poop: "oh, that little thing?  It's no bigger than a Tootsie Roll, no one will notice that."  Or "holy cow, would ya look at the size of that; there's no possible way to pick that thing up."  So they just leave it there!!!  There outta be a law.  Wait - there is but no one pays attention.
"No poop left behind."  That's our motto here at the Altamore house.  





6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you posted by 5-year-old daughter's two most favorite words in the world in your blog today -- "butt" and "poop." I thought for a second about having her read this blog (she is a pretty good reader for her young age), but I don't think I want to hear those words being said all afternoon. The giggling I could handle...the inappropriate words, not so much!

    But all that aside, I'm in agreement with you on both topics...no "ifs," "ands," or "butts!" ;)

    So lovin' your blog postings! I bookmarked this site, and you're the only blog bookmark in my Blogs folder...aren't you the special one! I hope you have a fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored to be the first to enter your blog folder, Martee. So glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me following you too. I'm not to hard to figure out. Never have blogged but I just might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Ellen ~ I'm with you on both accounts! All our parks have signs and baggies available ~ PooFreeParks !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, bitchy woman. So far I'm finding blogging to be very cathartic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on both counts girlfriend! But, the pooh butt is at the top of my list. We always pick up after our dogs, and people with those little doggies seem to think their do is so little no one will mind! Yah, well I Do! Oh, how do you feel about people who walk their dogs without a leash, and you are suppose to let them come up to yours and sniff? Aren't they cute!! So when my two Great Danes eat them for a snack, it's all my dogs fault!! OK, I guess I have to go and piss and moan on my own blog!! LOL Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete