Friday, March 30, 2012

My School Experience

I've already told you about my one illustrious year at Stephens College so today I wanted to talk about my K through 12 life.
I loved school.  I started off with a bang in kindergarten because I had the best teacher on the face of the planet, Miss Adams.  It was her last year of teaching.  I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with me being in the room.
The rest of my elementary career was filled with "King on the Mountain", swinging as high as possible on the coolio swing set we had at the old Dawson, which was the coolest building EVER, and sliding down the hill behind the building during the winter months.
Junior High was in an equally cool building but scary at first.  Three stories high and a full basement.  Daunting in 7th grade but by 9th grade, I felt like I owned the joint.
High school was wonderful.  Years after graduation when I helped organize reunions I heard many former classmates say, "I hated high school."  Wow, really?  I had a blast.
My enjoyment was evident in my GPA.  I squeaked by - having fun the entire time.  I had wonderful teachers and many opportunities to improve my grades . . . . but the fun thing, ya know.
If I had it to do all over again would I have put my nose to the grindstone and pumped up that GPA?  If you've been reading along, what do you think?

1 comment: