Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Trip to Seaside

Peter and I drove to Seaside on 30A or also called Scenic 98 a while back and took a return trip with our friend, Kathi, two days ago.
All the communities along 30A have their own personalities and "look."  We liked Seaside the best because it appeared to be the most active.  Not so overly active that it drove me completely insane.  Just enough to give it a comfortable "buzz."
The best part of Seaside was the surprise called The Ruskin Shops.
                                                                                                                                      
As we walked into the area through the entry way, we were  delighted.  It looked like what I envisioned New Orleans would look like - maybe.  Never been there but I'll be able to make a better comparison tomorrow because that's where we're going for the day and night.
Shops below and private residences above.
I actually bought a dress in one of the shops.  I know - me - a dress!
I hope you get to see me in it cuz it looks way better on me than it does on the hanger.  I think. Pretty sure.
I also saw these cute little Coke bottles and wanted to buy one even though they cost way too much (resort prices, ya know) and then Petey reminded me that they sell them at Village Market in Allegan.  For waaaay less.  Really?  bummer
We're hoping to get back to Seaside before we head home on April 1.  There's a restaurant down there called Goat Feathers.  I don't even care what they serve, I just think I need a T-shirt from a place called Goat Feathers.  Right?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun place! Have a great time in New Orleans. I haven't been there since I was a kid but I do remember walking in the French Quarter with my mother covering my eyes every 11th step. Say hi to Gulfport for me if you are driving that route--used to live there in 1979.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun place to visit... I'll have to add it to my list! ;-)

    ReplyDelete