Friday, April 6, 2012

Entertainment Preferences

1.  movies  2. music  3. television  4. books

Movies:  Exciting, adventurous, Indiana Jones-ish.  Nothing sad.  Don't like scary.  Can't sit through fantasy, sci-fi or animation.  I like funny but not stupid-funny = Meet the Parents, ugh!

Music:  if you've been with me for a while you already know I love the Blues.  I'm not particularly keen on old timey Blues, though.  I like it with a strong beat, funky and greasy.  In case you missed my post about the Blues (you can always go back, ya know) you already know that my favorite singer is EG Kight.  Also a big fan of Delbert McClinton and Duke Tumatoe.  I can not deal with rap or the screaming stuff.  Honestly, it stirs up homicidal feelings.  I can't be held responsible for my actions if exposed to it for more than 2 minutes.

Television:  I like all the crime shows, a few reality programs and Good Morning, America.  Don't do sit-coms.

Books:  almost exclusively murder mysteries, set in the US and current.  It's not like I haven't read other genres, I have - plenty.  I like a good story.  I like to be swept away (The Help and The Poisonwood Bible) so I will dabble elsewhere but I like the punch and swiftness of a good murder.  I love snarky cop humor, too.

So you won't see me standing in line for The Hunger Games listening to heavy metal on my iPod while reading a book about ancient Rome and periodically chatting with someone about a recent episode of  How I Met Your Mother.

1 comment:

  1. I am not too far off your choices. Movies...the same, Music....blues,jazz most any instrumental, TV....crime shows, no reality other than I was introduced to Bomb Squad Afghanistan I am checking out to learn all the lingo! Books, here is where I part ways, I am into Romance Crap. I figure it started when the kids were little and I couldn't concentrate more than 30 seconds without being harrassed. So I chose Harlequin and lets face it the same rich boy meets poor girl, yadah yadah yadah. 30 years later I am still hooked, Catherine Coulter, Nora Roberts, Susan Wiggs. Please don't interrupt me!!! LOL Oh and if the Hunger Games mean who is first in line at the Buffet, forget it! I will run over you without even looking back!!!

    ReplyDelete