Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Take Off Your Shoes!

You'll never hear those words from me - unless you just walked through a field of cow pies.  I mean, really, don't we all have door mats for people to wipe their feet on?  I do - front and back doors.
I understand that we live in MI and during the winter if I'm going to someone's home I'll bring my shoes along with me so when I take my boots off I'll have something to put on my feet.  Standing around in my socks - no thanks.
Think about the poor slob who arrives and doesn't know the "house rule."  What if the socks are the "ugly" ones?  Maybe the heels are worn thin or there's a hole and you can see their gross big toe.  Yuck!  Or if we're talking about women - how about pantyhose?  Now we see their whole foot.  What if they were 2 days short of a pedi?  Ohhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo.  The polish is chipped!  Ohhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo.
And what if they (women again) wore heels?  Now they're 3 to 4 inches shorter and we all know what that does to the ensemble, right?  Kills the look.
Now, I have to be honest here - I've never had anyone actually ask me to take my shoes off but the message is clear when you enter and see a pile 'o shoes to the left or right of the door.  I pretend like I didn't see it.
I promise you - if I come to your home I'll make sure my shoes are clean before I sashay in for tea. hehe

1 comment:

  1. HA! I knew you were pretending like you didn't see the big sign on the door or the piles of shoes just inside the door anytime you came over to our house! At any rate, we never said or "asked" anything to you cuz you were our favorite rebel. It's ironic in a way that we had that as our "house rule" cuz I don't like to walk in others peoples houses with just my socks. You never truly know if the floor is clean!

    ReplyDelete