Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Montage - a spot you MUST see.


This is Montage.  I was going to call it a store but that doesn't seem like the correct word choice.  Maybe shop? hmmmm, not quite descriptive enough.  Boutique? Nah.  Petey suggests something with "gourmet" in it.  You'll just have to go check it out and get back to me with your ideas.

Montage is the brilliant idea of Dan and Marcia Wagner, owners of the Grill House.  I know there were some doubting Thomases in town thinking, "a beer, wine and fancy foody things" store?  In Allegan?  Well, guess what?  It was a perfect fit and people are loving it.

Come on inside and I'll show you why.


A great selection of jams, etc. await you on those shelves against the wall. You can also sit down and contemplate the universe at these tables.  Also, wave to pedestrians; one of my favorite things to do.


Or buy some beans to take home and brew a delicious cup for yourself or that special someone in your life.



 Yes, I know, not my best photos but you get the idea, right?  Cheeses, spreads, salads and sammies to go or eat right there.


This shelving unit is usually chock full of the most wonderful bread but I got there late and this was all they had left.  This is truly the only place in town where you can get really, really good bread.  Oh, my!



I mentioned wine.  And there you have it.  The people at Montage know what they're talking about when it comes to wine so if you're a dunderhead when it's time to select something (me), they'll guide you.


And beer from around the world.  I love looking at all the different names.  You can mix and match if you'd like.  Pick one from Poland, another from Japan, try something from Kukamunga.  Is that a country or did I make that up? 




 This spot is tucked into the back of the store/shop/whatever.  Behind those bifolds is where the Montage "fairy" makes up to-die-for baskets. 


If you look out the window to the right of the table above, you'll see our river front.  How cool is that?

I call Montage our "downtown jewel."  If you have the opportunity to visit this place I think you'll agree.

3 comments:

  1. I need to start shopping again there more often. When they first opened I was dropping $25 to $40 a week...had to reel myself in. But I really miss the hummus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Bliss, we were easily dropping a load of cash every week on the Roasted Garlic Bread, Hummus, beer selection, and wine haven. Truly a jem for our small town!

    ReplyDelete