Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A cure for the common cold.

Research scientists have spent billions of hours and many more billions of dollars searching for a cure for the common cold.

Advertising companies have poured tons o' $$$ into smart, snappy ads on television touting medications.

Old wives have been handing down remedies since Hector was a pup.  Anyone know who Hector was?

I have spent the last week nursing/fighting a cold.  Not a horrid one.  My head never felt like it was going to explode.  I didn't have to stuff Kleenex up my nose and walk around the house looking like a demented walrus.  I never once coughed up a lung.  I was lucky.  I slept a lot, though, and my butt was tired of the couch.

Yesterday, I discovered the cure!  Dumb luck and my craving for chocolate (it's true what they say:  feed a cold) led me to the cabinet where the cookies are kept.  I ate . . . . . several.  Somehow I knew that just three wouldn't do the trick so I had . . . . more.  My pride is keeping me from telling you exactly how many I ate but apparently it was enough to do the trick.  

                                         I'M CURED!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment