Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Glad these jobs exist but I'd NEVER do them.

Certainly you've had your teeth cleaned at the dentist's office, right?  Don't they feel fantastic when the job is done?  I've always been fortunate to have had fantastic hygienists.  Let me ask you something, though - have you ever watched someone getting their teeth cleaned and imagined yourself as the person with the pick in your hand?  No.  Thank.  You.  Sticking my fingers in another person's mouth is not ever anything I'd choose to do.

Had a colonoscopy lately?  Yeah, there's a job, eh?  Or delivering a baby vaginally?  I could probably do the C-section but . . .  And don't those poor suckers with hemorrhoids have to have surgery sometimes.  How'd you like to be on the other end of that one?

I remember watching All Creatures Great and Small on PBS years ago.  One scene is forever burned into my memory:  James Herriott with his arm inside a cow; all way up to his  armpit.  That's dedication, folks.

I could go on and on but my last example is the school custodian.  If you've ever worked for the public ed system, you know who the real royalty of the building is.  Can you even see yourself mopping up kiddie puke among other things I'm too much of a lady to mention?  They are worth their weight in gold, I tell ya.

Come on - you can come up with at least one job you're thankful exists but so, so very happy that you're not the one doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment