Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ok, I'll play.

One of my favorite blogs is Pioneer Woman.  If you've never read her - check her out.  http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Today she talked about making resolutions by dividing the word up into separate letters and attaching a resolution to each one.

What the heck - I'll give it a try.  I'm going to do this without a moment's forethought so stand by.

R - restrict my language and by that I mean - I'm really going to try and not drop F-bombs.  As much.

E - energize my attitude.  I'll try not to be too obnoxious but I'm already carrying around a fair amount of energy.  So watch out.

S - stand up straight.  I've always been good at the standing up thing so maybe I'll focus more on sitting up straight.  Same letter.

O - outsource my cooking and cleaning.  She said the O was tough and that's the best I could come up with.  Pretty good, eh?  Yeah, like that's going to happen.

L - Lie less.  That fits, doesn't it? I'm good about not telling the big ones but I'll admit to telling plenty of the white ones.
 
U - understand or try to, why people do the things they do.

T - temper my tongue.  That's going to be difficult.

I - Induce goodwill wherever I go.  A bit lofty but, hey, what would you use for I?

O - Observe more of the world around me.  Whew, that was a close one.  Two Os is not easy.  I'm impressed with myself.

N - Never, never eat a whole pound of Bridge Mix again.  At least in one sitting.  Maybe a half pound but never a pound.  Never!

Give it a try and see what you come up with.  No fair copying.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I had no reservations about you completing this task:)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete