Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The weather

I believe I've already established that I am not a fan of winter.  So with that in mind, I have a question for you.

Do you think you could live in an area completely different than the climate you have lived in all your life?

Like moving, permanently, to Arizona?  Or Alaska?   Naturally, that question only applies to people who don't already live in those two states.  You understand my question, though, right?

I never thought I could but I'm into heavy contemplation right now.  Blame it on the never-ending snow.  I know for sure I could go elsewhere for Jan., Feb. and March.  Maybe that would be enough to take the edge off of winter.

My son lived in England for 6 years.  Then he moved to Japan for 3.  I thought for sure that the pull of his roots would bring him back to the US one day but maybe not.  He's taken up residence in Thailand now.  So the whole "roots" thing may not hold true for everyone.

I think I might be able to live year round in one of the Carolinas or Virgina or Tennessee but not further south or west. 

Food for thought.    

No comments:

Post a Comment