Monday, March 4, 2013

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

This is another blog entry inspired from 2 days in the car.  I don't know the cut-off age but women (maybe men, too) on the far side of 40 should not refer to others as "dude" - unless they're mimicking a young guy with his hat on backwards.

It makes you look a bit pathetic.  Like you're hanging onto youth with every fiber of your being.  Sort of like a mini-skirt and pig tails when you're going to pick up your Social Security check.

I know this from personal experience.  Not the mini-skirt-pig-tail thing; the "dude" thing.  Peter brought it to my attention in the confines of our car.  Whew - no one else was around.  

Here comes the confession, though.  I know I've used it before.  Probably more than 3 or 4 times.  Could be more than that but that's all I'm ready to fess up to right now.

It's a challenge when you're in your 60s and still feel young to find activities (word choices) that are fun but don't cause the younger generation to cringe on the sidelines.  Sometimes I like to make them cringe, though.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment