Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WARNING: "pelvic" is mentioned

Ah, yes, it's that time again.  The yearly physical.  Don't we all love it?  Especially us ladies, eh?

"Everything off except your socks."  Words to live by.

First off - let's start with the weigh-in.  I decided this was going to be a "stand on the scale backwards" day for me.  I didn't want to see the number.  There were way too many visits to the bakery department at Fresh Market when we were in Destin.

Blood pressure - check.  Pulse - still beating.  All the new questions the doc has to ask to satisfy the computer gods - check.
Pelvic exam/pap smear - no check.  That's right, ladies.  If you live long enough and don't have any abnormal pap smears in your recent past - you're off the hook.  Let's have a round of applause for the new guidelines.

I also got to pass on the blood work.  My cholesterol is always high but my "good" cholesterol is good.  Yea, me!

Now on to the final stage - the mammogram.  Time to squish the girls.  Make 'em look like pancakes.  Hold your breath and go elsewhere for a few seconds.  Over for another year.

When all was said and done - a good time was had by all.

Hey, I get my kicks wherever I can.     

No comments:

Post a Comment