Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I am a very lucky 64 year old to still have my mom.  Not many people my age can say that.  I'm even luckier in that my mother is healthy and happy and still enjoying the hell out of life at 90.





Mom was in her 70s when this photo was taken; it epitomizes her to a T.  "Hey, Nan, would you like to go for a ride?"  "Oh, my, YES!"

Mom taught by example, not by dictation.  She was a volunteer extraordinaire and is still at it.  A voracious reader; still going strong.  She has up-to-date opinions and isn't afraid to share them.  Yeah, I know, this apple didn't fall far from that tree.

I could go on and on, the list is long but I'll close with probably the most important lesson I learned from my mother - if you're interested in something, want to learn how to do something, want to know more about something - go out and find someone, a book or now, the internet and learn.  Never stop learning.  Look up "life long learner" and you'll definitely see a picture of my mom.  Probably not the one I showed you today, though. hehe

Thanks, mom.  You're the best.    

No comments:

Post a Comment