Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Another Smoking Rant

First off - a shout out to my friend, Sue Ross.  She's been smoke-free for a year.  I'm so proud of her.  It's been a struggle and not the first time she's tried to give up the cigs.  This time it stuck.

Now for the rant.  Last weekend Petey and I were leaving our favorite restaurant, the Grill House, when I saw a young-ish (aren't they all?) man walking toward his vehicle with two children in tow.  Just before they arrived at the car, he lit up.  I was stunned.  Was he really going to get into his ride with a burning cancer stick and those kids? Oh, yes he did!  

It was a very warm evening, too and all the windows in the car stayed up!  I was torn between screaming at the idiot and calling CPS.  

I know people are still smoking.  I get that although I hate it but - really?  The kids?  In the car?  Damn it!

And the icing on the frigging cake was the car had a dealer plate on it.  So, sometime in the future, some poor sucker is going to buy that car and it's going to stink.  I'm sure his boss wouldn't be too thrilled to know that one of his sales people is smoking in one of his cars.  Really screws up that "new car smell."

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?    

No comments:

Post a Comment