Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Face lift? Nose job? Botox?

I was recently asked how I felt about a face lift.  Would I ever consider getting one?  How about a tummy tuck?  Nose job, etc.?

I've thought about those things over the years.  I've known people who have undergone all of those procedures.  I remember one friend who had her nose done and people commented afterward saying they didn't see anything wrong with the old one.  Well, it wasn't in the middle of your face, was it?

Self image is a crucial part of life.  Everyone wants to feel good about themselves - inside and out.  Sure, there are plenty o' people who are fine with the large nose, etc.  Barbra Streisand is a perfect example.  

I think, at this point in my life, the only cosmetic surgery I would consider is blepharoplasty.  Hope I spelled that correctly; my spell check was clueless.  It's an eyelid tuck.  If I got to a time when I had to tilt my head back to see, I'd go under the knife.

Reconstructive surgery is a whole different ball game. Friends and relatives have struggled with the decision after mastectomy.  Some do and some don't.  It's a very personal and private decision. 

There are a lot of examples of bad or way too much plastic surgery.  Joan Rivers could easily be the poster child for that cause.  Kenny Rogers running a close second.

So, how do I feel about cosmetic surgery?  Give it a lot of thought.  Do your research.  Interview surgeons.  Talk to people who have gone through the procedure you are considering. 

And then do whatever the hell you please!

4 comments:

  1. Like you, I think I would consider lid surgery, if needed. Ironically, my dad will be having that done next month. His will be more of a muscle repair because after years of wearing contacts and rubbing eyes, they are shot. I can't wait to see his "after" look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully he won't walk around with a shocked look on his face like they used to.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is tempting to have a little tweak done here and there, but I fear that once I start I will not stop! At the end of the day you just can't prevent your self from ageing, even with face lifts, body tucks, and pulls LOL, you still will not look youthful again.
    It is hard for us women, damn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll just grow old gracefully, won't we, my friend.

      Delete