Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bunker Hill

Sounds like a Civil War battleground, doesn't it?  Wait . . . was it?  Or did a skirmish take place on a similarly named hill in another war?  I wasn't the kid sitting all wide-eyed in history class so . . .

At any rate - we were hungry and decided to check this place out.


 This restaurant has been there for 30 years and we've probably driven by it at least 1,000 times.  That might be a slight exaggeration but you get the idea.  Well they recently redid the place and added on so we decided to give it a shot.


Easy to find.  Due north of Allegan, on A-37 or as we locals call it - The Monterey Road.   Keep driving for 14 miles; it's a pretty trip and when you've reached the one and only stop sign you'll encounter - you're there!

Warning - some of the interior shots are pretty awful.  Still finding my way around the new cell phone.

  


This is the original section.




  Very retro.
The new sports bar section.

Very lively.  Everyone was having a good time.
   
 This is another addition to Bunker Hill.  We chose to sit "outdoors."  We arrived 3 seconds before the storm hit.  Those glass garage doors came down quickly and saved us all.  The rain did its thing and left so the doors went back up.  Pretty cool.

Petey and I both selected our meals from the Mexican section of the menu.

Quesadilla for me.

Burrito for him.  You'll notice both dishes had already been attacked.  You know how excited I get when the food hits the table.  I never remember to take pics before we dive in.
To round things out and bring an end to our evening.  We ordered pie ala mode.

Cherry for me.

Apple for Petey.
      It was fun.  We'll go back.  Who doesn't want to hang out at a place called Bunker Hill.  Next time I'll take my musket loader.  I'm kidding - I don't even know what that is.  It's a musical instrument, isn't it????????????????        

No comments:

Post a Comment