Sunday, October 6, 2013

Another dinner club experience

Once a year our dinner club is forced to spend time on the shores of Lake Michigan.  The accommodations aren't quite up to my standards but I put on a good face and just get through it.



See what I mean? 







No one brought their racquets . . . but we could have.

The Grand Dame, Ruthie, has her own little slice of the place.

Looks like a secret garden, doesn't it?

No swimming today - but we have in the past.

A few snacks before the real meal.  Probably should have removed my olive pit.  See it, right next to my drink?

Richmonds couldn't be with us this year.  They were off on some kind of a trip.  Not sure.  Someone said something about Ireland.  I guess every one has choices to make, eh?


It was nice enough yesterday to spend some time on the deck.  Until we saw lightning.  Rosie ran screaming like a girl.

Tom doesn't look real interested in whatever Richard is telling him, does he?

We finished out the evening here playing "Cards Against Humanity."  At one point I was laughing so hard I had to stand up to ease the pain in my abs.


This was the room we snagged this year because Richmonds weren't there.  Tom, I swear, usually gets there 3 hours ahead of time just to throw his suitcase in to "claim" it.  Pitiful.




Each bedroom door was beautifully hand painted.  

Soup's on!  There was more food and it was fantastic.  So fantastic I obviously never came up for air.  No pics.

Someone was having a big birthday.

Then we had a little too much time on our hands between courses and out came the masks.











And then I remembered I'd forgotten to take a picture of the kick-ass cake I made.  A little late but you get the idea, right?

We used to really burn it and this year most of us made it til midnight.  We were very proud of ourselves and made fun of the ones that couldn't go the distance.

Until next year, Ballakeyll.  Hey, that rhymed! Sorta.

2 comments:

  1. What a great time! Is this a place to rent or someone's home?

    You made a cake??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Miss Smarty-pants, I made a cake. I can follow directions - I'm just not crazy about it.
      Ballakeyll is not for rent; it's a family place.

      Delete