Monday, April 21, 2014

The disappearing knife

Anyone here remember that I'm the gal that isn't altogether keen on cooking?
Well, it's true.  I'm not altogether keen on thinking about, buying, preparing or cleaning up afterward either.
To be fair - Petey does the cleaning up most of the time.
Anyway, there I was slicing and dicing getting ready for something or other.
I said I don't like to cook but I can and do a fairly good job of it when I do it.  I just don't really enjoy it.
Back to the slicing and dicing.  I have a favorite knife.  Here's a pic.


If you misplaced this thing, wouldn't you think it would be easy to find?  My kitchen isn't very big and I really only have two counter tops to work with so . . .
I was obviously distracted from my duties or this never would have happened.  What that distraction was, I do not remember.
As I returned to the job at hand, my knife was nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere.  I even looked in the garbage can - twice!
I left the room to collect my thoughts, do some deep breathing and move the clothes from the washer to the dryer.  I figured that was enough time for me to get a grip.
Nope.  No frigging place!  Where the hell was that knife???
I finally caved and told Peter I was having an issue.
He came in, looked around a bit and then pulled a drawer open that I would NEVER have put the knife in and . . . there it was.
Dirty.  Lettuce and cheese still stuck to it.
It was in one of the compartments that is reserved for short utensils so it didn't even frigging fit!
Mystery solved and apparently my multi-tasking days are over.
I'm going to really miss those days.

1 comment:

  1. At least it wasn't in your hand!! I can't tell you how many times I've looked for something I've already found!

    ReplyDelete