Sunday, May 3, 2015

The earth moved and I missed it!

I can't say that I've always wanted to experience an earthquake but since yesterday's wasn't a bad one it would have been cool to actually feel the earth move.

But I missed it.  My open house was in full swing and it was time to take Augie out for a "pit stop."  We were only out there about 10 minutes at the most.

When I walked back into the house, everyone's eyes were bugged out saying "what was that?"

My house is at the bottom of a good sized hill and all the trucks in the world rumble down it.  The pictures on my walls are sometimes askew and the leaded glass pieces I have hanging in my living room windows make a "tap, tap, tap" sound.  So we were wondering if that was the cause for the movement and noise everyone inside the house experienced.

Naturally in this day of quick info people pulled out their cell phones for the latest news.

Yup, by golly, a quake.  In Michigan.  The epicenter not very far from us.  The biggest one (4.2) felt since 1947.

I have been yearning to see the Northern Lights and a meteor shower since I was a kid but haven't had the opportunity to do so yet.

The odds of another shaker happening in my lifetime are slim.
Dang it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment