Saturday, September 23, 2017

I've lost my chops

Not my choppers.  Not my pork chops.  I'm talking about my baking chops.

Oh.  I can already hear those of you who know me well saying "what baking chops?"

It's very true and if you've been around for a while, you already know I'm not a fan of the kitchen - except to walk through it to get to the rest of the house.

But let's get real here, folks.  Anyone can cook/bake.  Am I right? It's not rocket science.  Doing it well is a whole different ball game. And liking to do it is not nor has it ever been on my radar.  

Having said all that I decided to bake some chocolate chips cookies for a thing we're going to tomorrow.

I can not honestly tell you how long it's been since I last baked anything, let alone chocolate chip cookies.

I got rattled right away because I wanted to spruce them up with some chopped almonds.  I actually have a little chopper - I think it was a Pampered Chef tool.

Didn't work so well.  Not the tool's fault - all mine.  I got impatient and it hurt my hand.

Back to basics.  Then I realized I don't really have one of those deep bowls that are much better to use with an electric mixer than one of my several pottery bowls.

Had to search around, switch bowls and then put the mixer away and put some elbow grease to the batter and that was pretty much it.

Did not enjoy it AT ALL.  Won't be doing that again for a very long time but, ya'll know me, it's probably going to be never.  I'm ok with the store-bought stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment